Compass Health Center is seeking a Child Clinical Group Therapist – Dysregulated Mood and Behavior Program for our Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs in our Northbrook office.
We are seeking an experienced clinician with a passion for delivering evidence-based therapy to children with a variety of mental health needs. If you are passionate about working with children and their families to communicate, develop and carry out appropriate treatment plans and compassionate care, you would be an ideal addition to our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing DBT/CBT skill groups
- Providing crisis intervention and staff support, as needed
- Developing and documenting treatment plans and weekly update
- Co-facilitating creative expression and other experiential therapeutic groups
- Assisting program director in supporting families through phone coaching and follow-up calls
- Checking in with treatment team about changes and progress for individual patients
- Providing clinical observations and insights during interdisciplinary meetings
- Providing individual support to patients, as needed
- Providing support to other team members in various treatment groups
- Providing guidance and support for milieu staff during skills and executive functioning therapy activities/instruction
- Participating in discharge planning for patients
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Have two years post master’s experience
- Possess a core skill set of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Hold the following licenses or certifications: LCSW, LCPC, MSW, LPC, MFT, LMFT, LSW, PsyD, or PhD
- Have prior experience working in partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient program
- Have prior experience treating the following:
- Depression/mood disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
Qualified applicants will be willing to complete 20 hours of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training. The TCI model fosters prevention of crises from occurring, de-escalation of potential crises, effective management of acute crises, reduction of potential and actual injury to children and employees, and opportunities to reflect on more effective ways to handle stressful situations. Upon completion of the training employees must demonstrate competency as measured by formal TCI written and performance-based assessments.
The benefits of working at Compass Health Center:
Compass Health Center offers our full time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Accident Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Increased PTO with years of employment
- Performance based raise structure, with the opportunity for an annual raise up to 6%, based on annual review.