Compass Health Center has several Family Therapist openings for our Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs in our Northbrook office.
We are seeking experienced Family Therapists with an interest in working with patients of all ages.
We are looking for clinicians trained in delivering evidence-based family therapy in the PHP/IOP levels of care. If you work effectively with patients in crisis, possess an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about patient care and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be a great fit for our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating family sessions in order to provide guidance and support to patients and family members to help promote patient and family goals and help patients progress through the program.
- Providing direction to families about effective ways of supporting patients. Discussion topics and family therapy goals include safety plans, creating home contracts, incorporating skill implementation at home, offering psychoeducation, improving communication.
- In order to help patients progress through the program, you will meet with patients and parents/loved ones individually and together
- Coordinating with the treatment team. This involves attending rounds and other program meetings regularly as well as using the electronic systems of communication.
- Communicating with outside providers conducting family therapy for continuity of care
- Collaborating with the treatment team in assessing the patient’s progress and need for higher level of care or discharge. Helping the family to coordinate an effective discharge plan.
- Charting progress of patients appropriately in the system
- Meeting individually with family therapy director
- Participating in a weekly family therapy meeting to discuss any issues, reminders, program changes, etc
- Working on projects focused on program improvement and the overall growth and development of Compass
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Have two years, post master’s family therapy experience
- Have two years, post master’s experience working in higher levels of care
- Hold the following licenses or certification: LCSW, LCPC, or LMFT
- Possess a core skill set of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Experience working with children ages 9-12 is a plus but not necessary
- Experience working with those who struggle with substance use is a plus but not necessary
The benefits of working at Compass Health Center:
Compass Health Center offers our full time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Accident Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Increased PTO with years of employment
- Performance based raise structure, with the opportunity for an annual raise up to 6%, based on annual review.
With locations in Northbrook and Chicago, we pride ourselves on delivering dedicated, compassionate care to our patients.