Compass Health Center is seeking a Health Psychologist with a specialty in chronic pain for our Adult Mood and Anxiety Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs in our Northbrook, IL office.
We are seeking an experienced clinician trained in evidence-based, short-term, interventions to address chronic pain. In this role, you will facilitate psychoeducation and skills based groups, as well as individual therapy. This role will also include program development.
If you work effectively with patients in crisis, possesses an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about patient care and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be a great fit for our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proving individual therapy to patients who struggle with both chronic pain and mental health difficulties
- Conducting weekly chronic pain focused psychoeducation and skills groups in the Adult PHP / IOP
- Effectively communicating between patients, families and the treatment team
- Communicating and coordinating with outside providers for continuity of care
- Assessing patients’ progress and need for higher level of care or discharge
- Charting progress of patients appropriately
- Providing resource support to the subset of patients coping with chronic pain
- Development and implementation of curriculum focused on the understanding and treatment of chronic pain
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Hold the following licenses or certification: PsyD or PhD
- Post-docs are also welcome to apply if they have the below experience
- Have experience delivering evidence-based interventions to address chronic pain, through group and individual formats
- Past PHP or inpatient experience is preferred
- Possess a core skill set of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
The benefits of working at Compass Health Center:
Compass Health Center offers our full time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Accident Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Increased PTO with years of employment
- Performance based raise structure, with the opportunity for an annual raise, up to 6%, based on annual review