Compass Health Center is seeking multiple Trauma Therapists for our Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs in our Northbrook and Chicago offices.
We are seeking an experienced clinicians trained in evidence-based approaches to working with trauma. As a Trauma Group Therapist, you will facilitate psychoeducation and skills based groups, as well as, provide individual support for patients in the Trauma Program.
If you work effectively with patients in crisis, possesses an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about patient care and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be a great fit for our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing group therapy/ leading skills groups for patients in a safe and therapeutic milieu
- Developing effective therapeutic group relationships that promote positive change in patients
- Utilizing empirically supported interventions for presenting issues and diagnoses associated with trauma, including ACT, CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing, and psychoeducation skills, as consistent with other trauma therapists
- Providing individual therapy and safety checks with safety plan as needed
- Charting progress of patients appropriately and write daily group notes
- Participating in professional development activities
- Providing insurance utilization team with updates
- Assisting with daily check-in/check-out
- Updating daily attendance document
- Calling patient/ family for unexpected absences
- Collaborating with treatment team to formulate individual treatment plans
- Completing/participating in patients’ discharges
- Maintaining upkeep of supplies and therapeutic space/ environment
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Hold a Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work
- Have two years, post master’s group experience
- Hold the following licenses or certification: LPC/LCPC, MSW, Ph.D/Psy.D
- Have experience with adults in group and individual therapy settings
- Possess knowledge of CBT, DBT, ACT and group dynamics
- Have previous experience with patients in crisis
The benefits of working at Compass Health Center:
Compass Health Center offers our full time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Accident Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Increased PTO with years of employment
- Performance based raise structure, with the opportunity for an annual raise up to 6%, based on annual review.